How’s your relationship with your health? Everyone strives to be healthy on a daily basis. But during the cold winter months it’s hard to be passionate about waking up when it’s dark to work out, or passing up that creamy ham and wild rice soup at lunch for the healthier spinach salad.
It’s even harder to say no to seasonal favorites like green bean casserole and sweet potato pie.
These simple daily habits will ignite your passion for better health, and help keep you on track this holiday season.
- Drink your (lemon) water. We all know that we’re supposed to drink 64 oz. of water a day. But that’s really hard. (Find out how to increase your intake here.) You probably didn’t know that adding lemon to your water (preferably warm) not only makes it taste better, but also has wonderful health benefits. It’s best to drink a glass right away in the morning.
- Increases metabolism which helps promote weight loss
- Has cleansing properties that help detox your body
- Boosts energy and immune system
- Balances ph levels and hydrates your body leaving skin rejuvenated
- Walk more. Have you ever noticed how much time we spend trying to get good parking? Sometimes Justin will drive by an open spot three or four times looking for something closer. But why?!? We’re human beings and naturally want to make everything as easy as possible, which sometimes means cutting corners. DON’T CUT CORNERS ON YOUR HEALTH. If you were to count the number of additional steps you took each day by parking farther away from your destination, you’d be surprised how much extra exercise you can get. (Plus walking gets your blood flowing and heart pumping, which is great for an extra boost of energy–who couldn’t use that?)
- Don’t eat before bed. Why is it that eating at night is so much more enjoyable than eating during the day? I can go all day making healthy choices, but nevertheless, come nightfall I always find myself perusing the cupboards like a savage animal. I need to work on this. Your metabolism slows at night as your body shuts down for sleep, so consuming calories right before bed when you won’t be expending as much energy causes weight gain.
- Find an activity you enjoy. My mom used to preach this. If you don’t feel like running, go for a walk. We all have those days, and you have to want to do it. Go biking, find a yoga class, do Jazzercise (my new addiction), play at the park with your kids and try this playground workout. Do something. You’ll love yourself for it.
Good health needs to be a commitment, and there needs to be a healthy balance. Make good choices because you want to, not because you feel like you have to.Try these simple daily habits that will ignite your passion for better health. Click To Tweet
What kinds of things motivate you to make healthy choices? Leave me a comment and stay tuned for more tips on how to improve your health.[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ submit=”Subscribe”]
This post is linked to Mommy Monday Blog Hop, Motivation Monday, Turn It Up Tuesday, Tuesday Talk, Titus 2 Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Link-It To Me, Wake Up Wednesday, Happy Home Life, Coffee And Conversation, Thriving On Thursdays, Wildly Original, It’s A Party, Friendship Friday, Pretty Pintastic Party, WAYWOW, Balanced & Healthy Living Link Up and Over The Moon.